Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Donor Development Associate
The Donor Development Associate position at Triangle Community Foundation is an exciting opportunity in the field of philanthropy with potential for professional growth. The position supports the Donor Development team and reports to the Foundation’s General Counsel. As Donor Development Associate, you will manage documentation and communication steps to create new charitable funds; respond by phone and email to donor inquiries with information about fund types, investment options, grantmaking and endowments; and ensure compliance of gift/fund activity with existing policies and processes. The position also supports implementation of enhanced planned giving strategies, prospect outreach, tracking and policies.
- Receive and respond to initial inquiries from individuals, families, nonprofit agencies, or businesses about giving to or through the Foundation, setting up a fund, or supporting the Foundation’s programs.
- Support initial welcome communications with new donors in advance and as part of donor orientation. Ensure thorough and consistent on-boarding of donors and activation of funds.
- Oversee and implement process steps for all gift and fund creation activities, including tax acknowledgement and gift allocation to funds.
- Track new fund prospects from among general inquiries, specifically for cultivation opportunities such as Foundation events and for reporting purposes.
- Receive and triage inquiries about gifts of complex assets, such as real estate and business interests, or legacy gifts contemplated through estate planning.
- Maintain professional advisor profiles and track legacy gift activity within the Foundation’s database.
- Assist with design and implementation of cultivation activities for planned gifts, and assist with enhancement of planned giving content and materials for print and online distribution.
- Work with General Counsel to understand, align, integrate, and refresh Foundation policies related to gifts and funds for compliance with regulation and to position the Foundation to achieve aspirational goals.
- Work with General Counsel and other Foundation staff to update published versions of fund agreements, guidelines, and related administrative forms.
- Support renewal of Foundation’s certification through Council on Foundation National Standards.
- Attend and represent the Foundation at community events and professional gatherings
- College degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Prior development experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with colleagues successfully.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with diverse populations and constituencies.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Self-directed and results-oriented individual with proven ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with the Triangle region, its issues, organizations, people and resources.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and warmth.
- Excellent relationship-building, listening and facilitation skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Triangle Community Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement contributions, holidays, vacation and sick leave. Triangle Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Anne Wolf, HR Associate at email@example.com with “Application for Donor Development Associate Position” in the subject line. Any questions about this posting should be directed to Ken Baroff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday, September 22, 2017.
Research Triangle Park, NC