Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Donor Services Officer
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders, the Community Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provides leadership in the development and implementation of stewardship programs and services for existing donors to build, deepen, and maintain relationships
2) Manages a portfolio of donors for stewardship
- Helps create, implement, and maintain a program for capturing donor interests to customize donor outreach and provide more appropriate service
- Creates opportunities to educate donors about the greater community to broaden their personal philanthropy
- Develops benchmarks and processes to measure success in delivering donor services and uses the knowledge gathered to continually enhance the Foundation’s donor relations program
- Works with the Community Foundation's database administrator to ensure the CRM software, Raiser's Edge, is optimized for donor services, relationship building, and moves management, including capturing the full spectrum of information on donors’ interests, gifts, and grant history
- Maintains a current knowledge of philanthropic trends and legislation that impacts the field of philanthropy
- Responds to donor requests for information; coordinating research on nonprofit organizations in a particular field of interest, and also connecting donors to the appropriate resources within the Foundation to address their needs
- Targets and prioritizes donors for engagement using research tools and segmented data from Raiser's Edge
- Develops and maintains relationships with current donors through phone calls, personal visits, and written correspondence; engages other Foundation staff as needed in stewarding donors
- Engages current donors in the Foundation’s community grantmaking process by promoting "Giving Together" and providing current information about local grantees
- Educates donors and their professional advisors about the comparative benefits of the Foundation
- Regularly communicates with donors to identify ongoing needs for expanded Foundation services
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation to serve both internal and external customers
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Participates in meetings or committees as needed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the not-for-profit or related field is required; experience could include a combination of development, customer service, project management, and/or sales development.
- Deep interest in and commitment to the work of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, with a demonstrated commitment to the Greater Greensboro area, its people and their concerns.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management, networking and development skills with diverse constituent groups, with a demonstrated attitude toward inclusiveness.
- Experience working within CRM software, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy (including most primary office software packages), and competency in public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several activities at one time.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills; ability to research and analyze information.
- Good sense of self with demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion, caring and self-motivation.
- An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft skills and technical skills to maintain and improve current skills and knowledge.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org