Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
The Communications Manager is a full-time staff member of Impact Alamance who will report to the President and work collaboratively with other team members. This position will develop and execute strategic communications plans, maximize the Foundation’s identity, and make appropriate and effective use of all Impact Alamance communications channels for the Foundation’s core work in education investment and advocacy, built environment, and nonprofit capacity building.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communication Strategy Development and Implementation
- Review current and historical materials and strategies and think creatively about how to evolve the Foundation’s communications activities.
- Solicit input and opinions from a variety of colleagues and advisors, then translate recommendations into actions steps and/or best practices.
- Create a communications strategy with objectives that will measurably impact the Foundation’s overall funding priorities, based on the above tasks.
- Advocacy Strategy Development and Implementation
- Work closely with the Foundation’s president, board of directors, Alamance Achieves, and other community partners to develop and implement advocacy strategies, specifically for investing in and supporting public education.
- Strong focus on building and maintaining relationships, and leading the project of creating infrastructure for the advocacy initiative.
- Participate in developing and implementing grassroots campaigns informed by community leaders, parents, students, and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in external policy and advocacy relevant teleconferences, webinars and meetings on behalf of the organization
- Develop newsletters, press releases, annual reports, invitations, posters, banners, and other materials as needed.
- Create and regularly post content for the Foundation’s website and social media channels.
- Maintain effective and efficient administrative systems for communications work,including a system for tracking the Foundation’s impact on annual and long-term goals.
- Facilitate relationships and communicate technical information to creative freelancers for special projects.
- Develop and steward key relationships in North Carolina’s education, health, and philanthropic communities.
Candidates must have at least five years of work experience, including significant project management skills, strong written and oral communications skills, and experience developing and implementing communications strategies. Bachelor’s degree required; a major in communications or journalism is preferred.
Ideal candidates will also possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work and plan collaboratively, but implement independently.
- Track record of meeting multiple deadlines, maintaining a high level of organization and attention to detail, moving quickly from one project to another, and managing expectations/timelines to achieve results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Analytics.
- Excellent analytical, critical, and strategic thinking skills – able to think big picture and strategically, while maintaining exquisite attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and supervise consultants, contractors, interns, and similar project relationships.
- Experience and interest in health and/or education systems, as well as trends in philanthropy.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills; ability to manage and be managed.
- Exceptional standards of professionalism: high integrity, honesty and a commitment to quality.
- The ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy.
- Sense of priority, flexibility, good judgement and teamwork.
Impact Alamance is a supporting organization of Alamance Regional Medical Center—an affiliate of Cone Health. Please apply by clicking on this link - http://tinyurl.com/yajfu8qb
About Impact Alamance
Impact Alamance's mission is to strategically invest in Alamance County for hope, health and prosperity. Founded in 2013, the foundation is result of Alamance Regional's merger with Cone Health. Two million dollars annually will be invested toward improving the health and wellbeing of children in Alamance County. Learn more about Impact Alamance's strategic focus areas at www.impactalamance.com.