Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, founded in 1978, is a public charity with a mission to expand philanthropy in the eighteen counties of Western North Carolina it serves. The Foundation manages charitable funds for individuals, corporations and charitable organizations, and makes grants toward the region’s pressing needs and promising opportunities.
II. Position Description
The Office Administrator is a highly visible and responsible, fast-paced position reporting to the President. He/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the Foundation’s office and must be efficient, organized and capable of exercising independent judgment and action. He/she will provide some administrative support to the President.
- Personally greets visitors to office. Directs to staff members or meeting rooms as appropriate.
- Answers phone calls to Foundation's main line and directs calls accordingly.
- Coordinates phone/reception coverage as needed.
- Handles arrangements and preparations for meetings and general office events.
- Handles reservations, correspondence and rental payments for use of the Community Room.
- Monitors incoming fax documents and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Prepares outgoing mail to comply with postal regulations and pickup schedule, manages distribution of incoming mail and deliveries
- Coordinates and directs administrative support functions for office.
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures for filing, ordering of supplies, maintenance of records, and other office functions to ensure efficient administration and delivery of Foundation services.
- In conjunction with IT Director, oversees proper maintenance of office equipment, recommends equipment purchases and upgrades to ensure efficient office operations and arranges training of staff on use of equipment.
- Oversees printed document security procedures.
- Maintains petty cash box and related accounting records.
- Maintains postage meter, ensuring adequate postage for anticipated mailing needs.
- Oversees order and organization of storerooms and workrooms.
- Maintains stock of office/kitchen/restroom supplies; purchases or orders as needed.
- Acts as liaison to property management for housekeeping and maintenance issues.
- Runs errands outside office.
- Maintains CFWNC Info Outlook Calendar.
- Coordinates staff duties.
- Helps plan staff events and celebrations.
- Assumes responsibility for other staff duties as necessary.
- Provides support to review grant distribution letters and checks for accuracy as needed.
- Prepares lists, reports, mailing labels and nametags as needed
IV. Desired Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of three years administrative support experience.
- Professional manner in person and on telephone, ability to work with all types of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all Foundation matters, commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission.
- Excellent computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate, able to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and think independently and with good judgment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and volunteers.
- Flexibility; able to adjust activities and priorities and take on new responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality work, continuous improvement, and accountability.
- As with all CFWNC staff, assume responsibilities necessary to meet CFWNC’s strategic goals.
V. Physical Requirements
Ability to lift objects of a minimum of 15 pounds in weight. Ability to drive an automobile for up to three consecutive hours at a time. Job duties require approximately 85% sitting/typing, and 15% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience with an annual performance and salary review. Foundation employees participate in a Paid Time Off accrual system initially equivalent to 25 days off per year representing vacation and sick time, plus 7 additional paid holidays. CFWNC offers participation in group health, dental, vision and retirement plans to eligible employees. All CFWNC employees are subject to a criminal background check. CFWNC is an equal-opportunity employer