Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Program Assistant, Eastern Triad Workforce Initiative (ETWI)
Director, Workforce Initiatives
Overview and Position Summary
The Program Assistant will support the Director, ETWI in implementation and funds management for the ETWI four county grant covering Alamance, Guilford, Randolph, and Rockingham counties. To the extent reasonable and possible, approximately 50% of time and effort will be focused on Guilford County and 50% will be shared across Alamance, Randolph, and Rockingham counties.
The position is part-time (less than 30 hours per week) up to 12 months, and contingent upon performance and grant funding.
ETWI is a collective effort among workforce development agencies and/or chambers of commerce, industries, small business organizations, educational institutions and apprenticeship consortia within the four counties to attain efficiencies and enhanced programming and results in four areas:
- Increase (in school) youth workforce development programs,
- Increase adult workforce development programs,
- Expand workforce development programming into earlier grades in public schools,
- Develop employee pipeline solutions for good-wage/workforce-challenged industries that are comprised predominately of small businesses.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Collaborate with Nonprofit Organizations, External Stakeholders and Funders
- Supports Director, ETWI in implementing work plan and programming; scheduling ETWI stakeholder and committee meetings locally and throughout the four county region; correspondence (email, phone, letters) management.
- Maintains roster of committees and maintains calendar of ETWI meetings/events.
- Stays knowledgeable and informed on workforce development and supports communication to ETWI committees and community entities.
- Aids in ETWI planning, reporting, and invoice validation and funds monitoring/distribution.
- Provides assistance with ETWI grant requirements and MOU management.
- Works with the Director in fostering close working partnerships with ETWI Chambers of Commerce; Apprenticeship Programs; Community Colleges and K-12 School systems; Workforce Boards; and State Apprenticeship, Community College and Commerce Divisions.
- Provides timely responses to inquiries, calls, etc.
- Assists Director in data management, billing, research and other critical tasks to best support the ETWI.
- Drafts required reports and regular communications with the state of NC; Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro/Triad Workforce Solutions Collaborative as the fiscal agent; the Chambers in the Eastern Triad; ETWI stakeholders; and the Triad community on progress/challenges of the ETWI at the discretion of the Director.
- Assists in preparation of future ETWI proposals and budgets.
- Identifies and acts on steps to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the administrative responsibilities.
- Produces Power Point, Microsoft Excel and Word documents as necessary.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Workforce Initiative
- Conducts self in a professional manner and maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Follows and supports policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
- Takes action without being asked or required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience
- Interpersonal, organization, time management and leadership skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfort in working with financial data and in creating related reports
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven computer and software use skills, especially MS Office Suite; data base management experience is a plus
- Experience in handling and maintaining confidential information
- Occasional travel within four county area
Experience in supporting and communicating with senior management
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and three references to email@example.com