Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Apprenticeship Coordinator – Eastern Triad Workforce Initiative (ETWI) of Four County Apprenticeship Council
ETWI is a collective effort among workforce development agencies and/or chambers of commerce, industries, small business organizations, educational institutions and apprenticeship consortia within the four counties to attain efficiencies and enhanced programming and results in four areas:
• Increase (in school) youth workforce development programs,
• Increase adult workforce development programs,
• Expand workforce development programming into earlier grades in public schools,
• Develop employee pipeline solutions for good-wage/workforce-challenged industries that are comprised predominately of small businesses.
Strategic and policy oversight is provided by the Eastern Triad Apprenticeship
Advisory Council. Functional guidance is provided by the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro’s (CFGG) Director, Workforce Initiatives. The Coordinator position is housed at the offices of CFGG, in downtown Greensboro. Approximately 50% of time and effort will be focused on GAP and 50% will be shared across the other three apprenticeship programs.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
Apprenticeship Coordinator supports Guilford Apprenticeship Partners (GAP), Apprenticeship Randolph, Career Accelerator Program, and RockATop Apprenticeship Program in the planning and implementation activities and outcomes developed through the Eastern Triad Workforce Initiative. This is a 12-month grant-funded position scheduled to end August 31, 2019. Continued employment is contingent upon performance and grant funding.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A: Coordinates efforts to grow youth apprentices across the four-county area by troubleshooting issues, overcoming obstacles by pairing appropriate resources with each entity, and developing and maintaining open communication
B: Supports the planning and implementation of current exposure and public awareness activities, sharing of best practices, and the development of new activities as determined through the course of the work
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Workforce Initiative and follows and supports its policies and procedures
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Provides excellent customer service
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Sensitive to and maintains confidentiality in all matters
- Maintains current knowledge of changes affecting area of work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve goals
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, preferably within the defined region and one year project management experience
- Two years of experience working with a school system, community college, an intermediary agency, or an advanced manufacturing industry
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- Accuracy and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven computer and software use skills, especially MS Office
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of donors and professional advisors as
- Independent transportation for occasional travel within four-county area
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and three references to email@example.com
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, education, counseling or a related field
- Participation in the planning and development of an apprenticeship program
- Experience with coordinating and planning career exposure opportunities for students or adults