Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Triangle Community Foundation inspires and mobilizes giving, leadership, and action. By working together with donors and nonprofits to address critical community issues, we envision a vibrant Triangle that ensures everyone thrives. Since 1983, the Foundation has been committed to this work, and with the help of our generous family of donors, each year we grant over $25 million back into the community to make a difference.
We are seeking a charismatic, friendly and detail-oriented individual. The Office Assistant is a highly-visible administrative position critical to the success of the Foundation, performing key functions related to general office administration. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with willingness to learn and continually take on more responsibility with experience in the position.
Front Desk Administration
- Provide general reception and customer service with a smile
- Answer, screen and route telephone calls
- Record and update greetings and voicemails as needed
- Accept and track deliveries
Conference Room Reservation Coordination
- Coordinate reception and hospitality for internal on-site meetings including greeting guests, beverage service and other duties
- Coordinate and facilitate catering for internal meetings and events
- Interface with vendors related to catering, floral, etc.
- Ensure office kitchen area is clean and tidy (load and empty dishwasher, wipe counters, etc.)
- Inventory and order kitchen supplies
Office/Administrative Support and Special Projects
- Manage conference reservation system for internal and external meetings/events
- Coordinate and facilitate meeting logistics including room setup, A/V, catering, etc.
- Communicate and enforce polices with external constituents regarding room usage
- Identify, with assistance from TCF management, policies and practices to ensure greater efficiency and effectiveness of room usage
Desired Experience, Education and Skills
- Organize and maintain office supply inventory
- Keep conference rooms and common areas tidy, organized and stocked
- Serve as back up for pick up at post office, sorting and distribution of incoming mail
- Serve as back up for daily Check Register
- Provide assistance with registration lists, nametags and other peripherals related to events
- Assist with data entry/cleanup (nonprofit info, donor profiles, etc.)
- Update mailing lists, address and contact verification
- Provide support for advisory committee meetings
- Other special projects as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of administrative work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as Google platform
- Comfortable with conference room technology
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals from a diverse community
- Excellent written communication with particular attention to proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and constituents
- Ability to complete assignments independently, efficiently and in a timely manner
- High level of energy, proactive, self-starter with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to adjust tasks and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to lift items 25# or more and move furniture (wheeled tables and chairs)
- Commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission
Apply at: http://capital.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-765309.html
Reseach Triangle Park