Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
About the Foundation
The vision of the Winer Family Foundation is that all children born in the Carolinas have the same opportunity to thrive. We build capacity and align systems to ensure that all families with children aged 0-5 are healthy, educated and empowered.
Role of the Foundation Program Officer and Responsibilities
This position serves a full-time schedule as the Winer Family Foundation Program Officer. The program officer is directed and reviewed annually by the trustees. Following are the main responsibilities:
- Work with the trustees to establish and maintain focus on their philanthropic vision and goals. This includes dollars and time spent to support issues and systems in their interests.
- Ensure knowledge of key players and issues in the foundation’s area of interest. This will include attending events, conferences, one-on-one networking to understand and be a partner in the evolving landscape. This may include occasional statewide or national travel.
- Represent foundation interests on various committees, task forces, boards and collaboratives related to philanthropy and specific areas of interest.
- Research and understand best-practice and evidence based programs / interventions that are implemented in the foundation’s areas of interests.
- Convene and make recommendations for partnerships between organizations/individuals with similar interests.
Grants and Program Management
- Work and build relationships with grantees to ensure judicious giving and outcome/goal attainment for grants. Create formal grant agreements/contracts where needed.
- Create RFPs to engage resources to fulfill unmet research or program needs in the foundation’s areas of interest.
- Track and payout dollars committed. Report status monthly including reporting on available assets.
- Create and maintain a social media and website presence to enhance the foundation’s brand and activities.
- Direct administrative supervision of the office administrative assistant.
- Direct or perform basic bookkeeping and monthly expense reconciliation for the foundation and other family entities including bill payment and account reconciliation.
- Prepare docs for annual filings by the foundation/family tax professional.
The trustees are seeking an individual with the experience and professionalism required to coordinate and interact with a diverse group of philanthropic and system leadership / executives, while also managing the logistical and administrative details associated with grants and family office duties. These skills include:
- Facilitation skills and networking skills.
- Strong communication skills: Written/oral/presentation; Light website and social media skills preferred.
- Proven project management expertise, including management of administrative/logistical details.
- Understanding of the child and family service landscape Charlotte and the state of NC.
- Basic bookkeeping and reconciliation skills.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and flexibility.
- MS Office / Outlook.
The Program Officer would have the following education and experience:
- 4 year degree and 5 or more years in non-profit leadership or related experience preferred.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
- Intact sense of sight, hearing, and touch and manual and finger dexterity appropriate for computer skills.
- Must be able to be mobile within the North and South Carolina region.
- Some travel expected – est. 10%
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Liz@winerfamilyfoundation.org by Dec. 30, 2018.