Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation is pleased to announce that they will open a new Health Care Equipment and Training Grant cycle for proposals on June 5. These equipment and training grants are one-time, one-year grants (up to $10,000) focusing on projects that improve quality, increase the capacity, or broaden scope of service of safety net providers based on the purchase of equipment or training for staff.
Examples of equipment or training that may be procured as a part of the grant include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Clinical equipment that will allow a safety net provider to deliver more care in the clinic setting rather than referring a patient out for care
- Equipment that enhances provider efficiency or quality of care
- Training or coaching that enhances organizational focus on social determinants of health, health equity, or increases cultural competence of administrators and/or health care providers
Grants will be prioritized to support safety net clinics with a focus on rural health centers, community health centers, public health departments, and charitable safety net clinics.
- June 5: Grant opens, all materials available online
- June 7: Applicant Q&A via webinar at Noon (save the date)
- July 7: Grant proposals due by 5:00 p.m.
- Week of July 24: Grant selection announced
- August 10: New Grantee Webinar at Noon - "Getting To Know You: Communication, Results, and Reporting"
To learn more about the Health Care Equipment and Training Grant cycle, visit our website after June 5.