Director of Communications & Engagement
The Director of Communications & Engagement will lead an effort to share the good work of the Foundation and its grantees with relevant constituencies, including nonprofit and community leaders. If you have a passion for turning insight into big, bold ideas and are willing to both strategize and execute communication plans in service of non-profit organizations, we need you. We’re looking for a communicator and creator who understands how to use digital tools to gain and validate audience. The best candidate will also be adept at marrying the digital realm with in-person events to increase engagement with AJF grantees.
Our Director of Communications & Engagement will develop and implement communication and brand awareness strategies to increase the visibility of the Foundation and grantee organizations. This position will require a combination of online communications (social media, web presence), public relations, event management, and brand building expertise.
- Develop regular, original web content to engage a targeted audience regarding AJF’s work
- Manage AJF’s website, grantee portal, and social media platforms
- Develop a relationship management system that tracks relevant AJF constituencies
- Manage press releases, media availability, and regular communications (newsletter, podcast, etc.)
- Develop and execute a robust schedule of AJF events and convenings designed to support AJF grantees and create a sense of community
- Lead complex projects with minimal supervision, while providing appropriate context for internal stakeholders
- Play an active role in internal brainstorm meetings and challenge convention by creating, innovating, and presenting new ideas
- Provide counsel to AJF grantees in the form of meetings, memos, and presentations
- Utilize analytical tools to track impact and engagement of AJF’s audience
- Work cross-functionally with other colleagues and partners
- Maintain self-driven passion, creativity, and curiosity to stay abreast of current trends affecting nonprofit organizations, AJF grantees, and digital communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications with experience working in a digital environment, ideally in content creation and strategy
- Event planning and project management experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategy development
- Successful track record of developing thoughtful and strategic projects that deliver measurable impact
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience and passion for the digital media tech landscape, including social media platforms and digital analytics, as well as monitoring and research tools
The Director of Communications and Engagement will be compensated with an annual salary between $65,000-$72,000 (based on experience) plus a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should upload a resume and one-page cover letter to this link. A.J. Fletcher Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse and inclusive workplace. No phone calls please.
Please submit by the closing date September 19th, 2021.