We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for Development Officer, serving central North Carolina.
The following counties included in the central NC region are: Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Nash, Randolph, Rockingham, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne and Wilson.
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has made more than $184 million in grants since our inception in 1988. With $290 million in assets, NCCF sustains more than 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions, and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of 53 affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional, and national levels.
Core responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Provide quality planning services to prospective donors – individuals, families, businesses, nonprofits, private foundations – by listening to their needs and creating customized gift plans to establish their own fund or make a gift to a component fund now or through a planned charitable gift
- Demonstrate expertise in charitable giving, complex gifts and planned gifts, pertinent state and federal laws, and industry best practices, and advance NCCF’s commitment to inspiring philanthropy by sharing expertise and leadership
- Strategically develop and maintain relationships with professional advisors to deepen their knowledge of NCCF’s services and encourage client referrals. Work closely with advisors upon client referral, to help determine client’s philanthropic goals, ensure successful gift acceptance and fund establishment or documentation of planned gift
- Identify, cultivate and solicit donor, fund, or planned giving prospects through engagement with professional advisors, collaboration with central NCCF affiliate community foundations, personal meetings, presentations, phone calls, publications
- Collaborate with Foundation team members to cultivate relationships with fundholders in order to enhance their relationship with NCCF, strategically grow their funds, and solicit other gifts.
- Collaborate with Foundation team members to plan and support asset development strategies for central NCCF affiliate community foundations, including prospective donor and fundholder identification and solicitation, and professional advisor identification and stewardship
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly position oneself as a credible, knowledgeable, and responsive resource for professional advisors involved in estate and charitable gift planning work
- Working knowledge of planned giving vehicles and tax laws related to charitable giving
- Strategic thinking, planning and ability to implement
- Ability to work as a collaborative and positive team member, willing to assist others when needed
- A passion for philanthropy and its power to strengthen North Carolina communities
- A commitment to embrace and model values of diversity, equity, and inclusion into all NCCF operations as we advance our mission
- Ability to be flexible and successful within changing environment and demands
- Good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Dependability and effective work habits
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Extensive knowledge and at least five years of nonprofit fundraising and development experience with an emphasis on planned giving and major gifts. Alternatively, at least five or more years working with clients as wealth advisor or attorney and experience in advising around charitable giving
- Prior experience with a community foundation preferred but not required
- Proficiency with office software, development/CRM databases, computer technology, and basic office management systems
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills; the ability to handle a large and diverse workload; and manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and effectively
- Enthusiasm for travel throughout central North Carolina. Excellent driving record required.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work during non-standard hours for meetings and events or for travel
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team.
Are you an ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for submittal is Friday, September 24, 2021.
NCCF embraces and models the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we advance our mission. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the organization.