NC IDEA is an independent private (nonprofit) foundation that offers grants and programs to serve primarily two groups: individuals (founders) attempting to start and scale companies of high economic potential (defined by job creation and tax revenues,) and organizations that help individuals start and scale companies of high economic potential. Our team is collaborative, open and driven to serve the North Carolina entrepreneurial community. Detailed information about our activities can be found at www.ncidea.org.
Over the years, our efforts have helped start and grow over 530 companies around the state of North Carolina. Those companies have created over 3,700 jobs, raised over $465M in additional funding and generated significant tax revenues for the state. Dozens of our funded companies have been subsequently acquired, generating wealth for founders and early employees, while creating considerable investment returns for private equity funds. Hundreds more continue to create great jobs while strengthening the communities where they reside and operate.
NC IDEA needs a smart, organized, helpful, enthusiastic problem solver to join our team as Grant Support Manager to help with a variety of tasks related to startup grant support for NC IDEA MICRO and NC IDEA SEED and engagement of NC IDEA alumni companies. The best person for the job is someone who can stay one step ahead of what is needed next.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Grant administration support, including scheduling meetings, information sessions and interviews; applicant and participant/recipient communication and onboarding; reviewer and mentor communication and coordination; generation of grant agreements; and administrative tasks associated with grant reporting
- Community manager, including engaging advisors, active and alumni companies, and partners
- Meeting and event support, including coordinating logistics; scheduling speakers; and managing registration
- Plus, other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and efficient, with minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Interest in entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
- Ability to develop effective, repeatable processes to drive efficiency and productivity
- Technically savvy with productivity tools such as Salesforce, Trello, Mailchimp, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to anticipate what needs to be completed ahead of time
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with good customer service skills
- Intellectual curiosity about evolving entrepreneurial support best practices
- Authentic belief in the value of building economically equitable communities
- Authentic shared values in our audacious goals to economically empower people of North Carolina through entrepreneurship
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and will require attending occasional evening events (6-10 times/year). This hire will ideally reside in the Triangle N.C. area (to allow for three days/week in-office work), but we will consider applicants residing in other areas of N.C. as long as the individual can work in-office on designated days.
Interested candidates for the Grant Support Manager position, please submit a cover letter and resume here by July 25, 2022 for full consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
NC IDEA FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer. NC IDEA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristics protected by federal law or local ordinance.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.