Marketing & Communications Specialist
The marketing & communications specialist will play a critical support role in promoting the work of the North Carolina Community Foundation (NCCF), our fundholders and our affiliates to various audiences through our website, social media, email marketing, media outreach and print materials.
NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has made more than $217 million in grants since our inception in 1988. With $400 million in assets, NCCF sustains more than 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions, and scholarships. NCCF partners with a network of 53 affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional, and national levels.
The individual in this position will report directly to the Senior Marketing & Communications Officer and will work closely with staff across the Foundation. This role is expected to work in a hybrid capacity both virtually and in-person at NCCF’s headquarters office located at 3737 Glenwood Ave., Suite 460, Raleigh NC 27612.
Core responsibilities include:
- Creating compelling content that can be used across multiple digital and print channels, including email campaigns, website content, social media, news releases and other marketing materials
- Researching, conducting interviews, and writing about the activities of NCCF and our affiliates, grantees, donors, and programs
- Posting content to NCCF’s website and helping to ensure it remains up to date
- Shooting photos and videos for use on the web and on social media
- Gathering and creating content (copy, links, graphics) for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
- Distributing press releases and tracking media placement
- Creating emails and updating mailing lists in the email platform
- Creating graphics in Canva or Adobe for social media, marketing emails and the website
- Supporting special events and marketing campaigns
- Monitoring analytics to ensure effectiveness of marketing tactics
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong writing skills and passion for sharing information with a wide variety of audiences on numerous communications channels
- Enthusiasm for sharing stories of generosity and engagement
- Strong organization and time-management skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness and ability to occasionally work during non-standard hours for meetings and events or for travel
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- A resourceful attitude and a proactive approach to problem-solving, including a willingness to seek out and learn new technology, be an early adapter and bring new ideas to the table
- A commitment to diversity, accessibility and inclusion
- A passion for North Carolina
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A focus in communications, marketing, journalism, or other related field of study preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing, with a preference for 2 or more years’ work experience
- Proven writing, editing, and proofing skills; knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent understanding of customer service and relevant skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Experience using Microsoft office software
- Understanding and use of major social media platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to use:
- Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Content management systems to update websites
- Mailchimp or similar
- Social media
- Experience in philanthropic/nonprofit sector
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline for submittal is Friday, Oct. 14, 2022.
NCCF embraces and models the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we advance our mission. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the organization.
To learn more about the North Carolina Community Foundation, visit nccommunityfoundation.org.