Accounts Payable Specialist and Program Assistant
Accounts Payable Specialist and Program Assistant
VP, Finance and Director, Eastern Triad Workforce Initiative (ETWI)
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) is a public charity serving the greater Greensboro area in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer and proudly embraces its guiding tenets of diversity, equity and inclusion.
This position supports two departments in accounting and program assistant duties. Program assistant duties are grant-funded. The position is full-time, and duties may change or transition to a full time position that supports the finance department upon completion of grant duties.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for disbursement and trust fund accounting, general ledger processing and reconciliations, maintenance of financial files and monthly fund analysis and reporting. Integral to the Accountant’s work is the effective use of information systems, while maintaining adherence to an effective internal control system. The position requires a customer service focus to meet the needs of internal colleagues and external stakeholders and creates, builds, and strengthens relationships with individuals, agencies, and businesses in the community as it relates to the Finance Department.
The Program Assistant will support the Director, ETWI in implementation and funds management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting
- Ensures timely, accurate transfer of data from sub ledgers (including contributions, credit cards, grants, interfund transfers) to general ledger
- Ensures accurate, efficient processing of all Foundation disbursements (weekly), including recording, payment, database maintenance, related tax coding and filings and maintenance of all financial files
- Process tax filings: 1099, 1096, semi-annual sales tax refund
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations, including cash accounts, prepaids, sales tax refunds, grants
- Maintains vendor database, preventing duplicate vendors and payment and maximizes utilization of Financial Edge and Granted Edge as relates to disbursements
- Coordinates requests related to annual audit and periodic surveys and assists with audit as requested.
- Work with all departments to ensure financial reporting needs are met
- Participate in interdepartment teams/meetings as appropriate, (e.g., database management team, project implementation, technology), to develop and maintain effective and efficient processes and procedures
- Organize, maintain and destroy accounting files and documentation, in accordance with retention policy
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Collaborate with Nonprofit Organizations, External Stakeholders and Funders
- Supports Director, ETWI in implementing work plan and programming; scheduling ETWI stakeholder and committee meetings locally and throughout the region; correspondence (email, phone, letters) management.
- Maintains roster of committees and maintains calendar of ETWI meetings/events.
- Stays knowledgeable and informed on workforce development and supports communication to ETWI committees and community entities.
- Aids in ETWI planning, reporting, and invoice validation and funds monitoring/distribution.
- Provides assistance with ETWI grant requirements and MOU management.
- Works with the Director in fostering close working partnerships with ETWI Chambers of Commerce; Apprenticeship Programs; Community Colleges and K-12 School systems; Workforce Boards; and State Apprenticeship, Community College and Commerce Divisions.
- Provides timely responses to inquiries, calls, etc.
- Assists Director in data management, billing, research and other critical tasks to best support the ETWI.
- Drafts required reports and regular communications with Guilford County and the state of NC; Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro/Triad Workforce Solutions Collaborative as the fiscal agent; the Chambers in the Eastern Triad; ETWI stakeholders; and the Triad community on progress/challenges of the ETWI at the discretion of the Director.
- Assists in preparation of future ETWI proposals and budgets.
- Identifies and acts on steps to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the administrative responsibilities.
- Produces Power Point, Microsoft Excel and Word documents as necessary.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the organization
- Conducts self in a professional manner and maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Follows and supports policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
- Takes action without being asked or required
- Maintains confidentiality
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to interact with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Exhibits positive attitude and demeanor
- Communicates respectfully and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience
- Interpersonal, organization, time management and leadership skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfort in working with financial data and in creating related reports
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven computer and software use skills, especially MS Office Suite; data base management experience is a plus
- Experience in handling and maintaining confidential information
- Occasional travel within four county area
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and three references to email@example.com
- Experience in supporting and communicating with senior management
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro