Community Leadership Officer, Eastern Region
The Community Leadership Officer serves a collection of 15+ affiliate foundations of the North Carolina Community Foundation in a designated region of the state, providing leadership and guidance for board members of those affiliates as they build and strengthen local philanthropy through community leadership. The Community Leadership Officer embraces and models values of diversity, equity, and inclusion across all NCCF operations as we advance our mission.
Core responsibilities include:
- Managing and facilitating all activities of the affiliate boards within assigned region, engaging internal NCCF colleagues in areas of relevant expertise as needed
- Cultivating leadership within each affiliate board and working closely with affiliate presidents to set and achieve goals related to board development, inspiring and promoting philanthropy, grantmaking, and community leadership
- Ensuring the engagement of affiliate board members in advancing philanthropy and community leadership
- Building and fostering collaborative relationships with partner organizations, other funders, and community leaders within local businesses, government agencies, faith communities, nonprofits and others
- Seeking opportunities to raise awareness of and promote the full scope of the affiliates’ philanthropic activities and opportunities within each local community
- Working with a regional team to advance the work of the affiliate boards as it relates to asset development, effective grantmaking, and community engagement
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, competency in meeting facilitation, public speaking, and strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to cultivate and sustain relationships and partnerships internally and externally
- Ability to consistently educate affiliate board members on their roles & responsibilities as it relates to their service
- Ability to communicate at a high level and manage time effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of a wide range of topics
- A focus on process implementation, process improvement and efficiency, including the use of new technologies
- Proficiency in a variety of technology tools including MS Office, databases, and presentation tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or associate degree with related experience
- Experience in the philanthropic/nonprofit sector, board management, community relations, including five or more years’ work experience.
- The following counties are included in the eastern NC region: Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Gates, Greene, Hertford, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Robeson and Sampson
- The person in this position is expected to travel extensively within the above counties. The ideal candidate is centrally located within the region in the Greenville-New Bern area. Some overnight travel within the region and to NCCF’s Raleigh office is expected.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team. The hiring range for this position is $66,000 to $71,000.
Are you the ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Deadline for submittal is Friday, Feb. 17, 2023. NCCF is an equal opportunity employer.
$66,000 to $71,000