The Outer Banks Community Foundation is now accepting applications for a part-time finance manager. This established position handles all of the Community Foundation’s financial functions, including all bookkeeping and accounting functions, all financial reports, tax filings, cash management, and payroll. S/he also works with the President and CEO to create and monitor the Community Foundation’s annual operating and grants budgets.
● Approximately 20 hours per week.
● Oversees financial transactions, maintains the general ledger and chart of accounts, and reviews/prepares journal entries.
● Oversees vendor payments, grant and scholarship payments, and all other accounts payable.
● Processes biweekly payroll through ADP and manages medical insurance, paid time off, SIMPLE IRA, and other employee benefits.
● Monitors account balances to ensure policy compliance and adequate cash flow.
● Prepares or reviews reconciliations of monthly financial statements, including for checking, money market, and investment accounts.
● Allocates investment gains/losses, fees, and dividends across invested funds (joint allocation process).
● Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including balance sheets, fund statements, fund balance summaries, revenue/expense reports, and budget reports.
● Prepares biannual NC sales tax refund requests, quarterly federal and annual NC payroll tax forms, and annual W2s and 1099s.
● Calculates and processes year-end fund fees and endowment fund spendable balances.
● Works with the CEO to create the Community Foundation’s annual operating budget and periodic budget forecasts throughout the year.
● Assists the CEO in analyzing the financial sustainability of the Community Foundation. Prepares historical and forecast data reporting as needed.
● Facilitates the annual audit and the preparation of the Annual Form 990, providing all reports and other documents requested by the auditor. Prepares fund-level spreadsheets for the auditor, including separate accounting for hybrid and agency funds, in compliance with FASB 136.
● Reviews fund statements for donors on an annual basis or as needed.
● Provides staff support for the Community Foundation’s treasurer and investment and finance committee. Helps to develop the agenda, provide appropriate materials, and record meeting minutes.
● Reviews financial policies, investment policies, and internal controls with the finance committee annually and ensures proper internal controls are followed by staff.
● Works with the CEO to research and draft new financial policies, ensuring compliance with National Standards for Community Foundations.
● Serves as liaison with investment managers. Monitors invested accounts and performance reports, ensuring that investment policies are followed.
● Performs other financial duties as assigned by the executive director.
● Upholds and promotes the mission and values of the Community Foundation.
● Monday to Friday COVID-19 considerations: COVID-19 precautions are included in our employee policy
Hybrid remote in Southern Shores, NC 27949
$25.00 - $35.00 per hour
Chris Sawin, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org