NC IDEA is an independent private (nonprofit) foundation that offers grants and programs to serve primarily two groups: individuals (founders) attempting to start and scale companies of high economic potential (defined by job creation and tax revenues) and organizations that help individuals start and scale companies of high economic potential. Our team is collaborative, open and driven to serve the North Carolina entrepreneurial community.
Over the years, our efforts have helped start and grow over 530 companies around the state of North Carolina. Those companies have created over 3,850 jobs, raised over $456M in additional funding and generated significant tax revenues for the state. Dozens of our funded companies have been subsequently acquired, generating wealth for founders and early employees, while creating considerable investment returns for private equity funds. Hundreds more continue to create great jobs while strengthening the communities where they reside and operate.
NC IDEA needs a smart, organized, helpful, enthusiastic problem solver to join our team as Grant Support Manager to help with a variety of tasks related to startup grant support for NC IDEA MICRO and NC IDEA SEED, including engaging with NC IDEA applicants, reviewers, and grant recipients. The best person for the job is someone who can stay one step ahead of what is needed next.
- Grant administration support, including scheduling meetings, information sessions and interviews; applicant and participant/recipient communication and onboarding; and generation of grant agreements
- Grant reviewer and advisor communication, coordination, and recruitment
- Grant reporting, including utilizing existing reports; modifying outdated reports; creating new reports
- Grant process documentation, including utilizing existing documentation to ensure grant process runs on schedule; updating outdated documentation; and creating new documentation
- Meeting and event support, including coordinating logistics; scheduling speakers; and managing registration
- Plus, other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and efficient, with minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Interest in entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
- Ability to develop effective, repeatable processes to drive efficiency and productivity
- Technically savvy with productivity tools such as Salesforce, Trello, Mailchimp, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to anticipate what needs to be completed ahead of time
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with good customer service skills
- Intellectual curiosity about evolving entrepreneurial support best practices
- Authentic belief in the value of building economically equitable communities
- Authentic shared values in our audacious goals to economically empower people of North Carolina through entrepreneurship
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and will require attending occasional evening events (6-10 times/year). This hire will ideally reside in the Triangle N.C. area (to allow for three days/week in-office work), but we will consider applicants residing in other areas of N.C., as long as the individual can
work in-office on designated days.
NOTE: Per company policy and CDC guidance, all employees are required to receive COVID-19 vaccinations as determined by the North Carolina Dept. of Health & Human Services, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume here by March 10, 2023 for full consideration.
NC IDEA FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer. NC IDEA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristics protected by federal law or local ordinance.