This position is responsible for the following
1. New Fund Development and Donor Engagement
• Research, identify and cultivate prospects with information and materials highlighting the Foundation’s products, services and value proposition as a knowledgeable community leader and philanthropic partner. Comfortable presenting to individuals or large groups.
• Utilize moves management strategies for consistent and documented outreach and solicitation for new gifts and new funds.
• Prepare, review, and finalize fund documentation for donor gifts creating new funds.
• Execute and track onboarding of new donors through delivery of gift and fund agreement, through orientation and connection with assigned donor engagement officer.
• Integrate new donors, gifts, and funds in database and all systems to optimize donor connectivity with the Foundation and accurate reporting on development activity.
• Collaborate with the philanthropic engagement team and other colleagues to achieve Foundation and Team goals for new assets of more than $20 million annually, legacy promises of estate gifts, and grants to nonprofits.
• In collaboration with other staff, create and implement initiatives to connect donors with the Foundation’s priorities and increase their investment in the community to ensure maximum impact.
2. Legacy Giving and Legacy Donor Relations
• Maintain database profiles for legacy donors for accuracy and completeness.
• Identify prospects from legacy donors and board alumni for cultivation.
• Conduct and track outreach to donors and board alumni as part of engagement strategies.
• Support Director of Donor Development with outreach activities with legal, tax, and financial professionals.
• Respond to inquiries about legacy gifts.
• Assist Director of Donor Development with legacy content and materials for print and online distribution.
• Assist Director of Donor Development with activities and events to promote the Legacy Society and engage its members.
3. Special Projects as Assigned
• The Development Officer will conduct or assist with other special projects of the Foundation that may arise
from time to time, such as special grant initiatives, Foundation events or other projects.
Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
• Commitment to the Foundation's goals, values, and mission.
• Minimum of five years of experience working in development, major gifts, or donor relations.
• Proven track record of closing major gifts of $50,000 or more.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required.
• Strong organizational skills to balance multiple projects and deadlines, including the flexibility to adjust activities and priorities and take on new responsibilities.
• Direct experience and comfort in working with a range of individuals including individuals of wealth.
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, exercising professionalism and service mentality.
• Ability and willingness to work closely with other colleagues as a team.
• Excellent writing and oral presentation skills; experience in writing in a variety of styles and for a variety of audiences.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
• Excellent judgment and ability to think independently.
• Experience using CRM databases.
• Able to manage competing priorities and take on new responsibilities.
• Dependable, flexibility and comfort with ambiguity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• The salary range for this position is $71,000 - $77,000.
• Benefits include health insurance (medical, HSA, HRA), dental insurance, retirement plan and contributions, wellness benefit, and generous PTO.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Officer Position” in the subject line. Priority will be given to resumés received by Friday, November 3rd, 2023. Applications without a cover letter will not
be considered for this position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background check.
Triangle Community Foundation serves Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake counties, and is the largest nonprofit funder in our region. By working with dedicated donors and strong nonprofits, we can guide gifts in a strategic way to fill in gaps,
reduce inequities, and solve the region’s most pressing challenges. Since 1983, we have envisioned a Triangle that works together so everyone can thrive, and in the last fiscal year, with the help of our generous family of donors, we granted over
$32 million back into the community to make a difference. For more details about Triangle Community Foundation, visit www.trianglecf.org
At Triangle Community Foundation, we believe that when people feel respected and included, they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. While we have more work to do to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion, we are investing to move our organization and community forward. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and if you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee
selection process, please direct your inquiries to Larisa Putnam at email@example.com