As a Network Officer at Camber Foundation, your pivotal role involves influencing and executing our strategic grantmaking plan for Eastern North Carolina. You will integrate seamlessly into our team, collaborating closely with fellow team members to design, implement, and evaluate grants and programs. You will build robust relationships, form partnerships, and devise strategies that empower the Foundation to drive positive change in Eastern NC communities. We seek individuals deeply passionate about improving healthcare, advancing education, and bolstering economic development in Eastern North Carolina. Preferred qualifications include knowledge of philanthropy, nonprofits, Eastern North Carolina, and its communities. This is a full-time remote position with occasional travel to Camber Foundation headquarters in Raleigh, NC and extensive travel throughout Eastern NC.
The following are intended to reflect the primary responsibilities of the position and the qualifications of the ideal candidate, not an exhaustive list. The scope of work may evolve over time and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Grantmaking and Network Building
- Understand the Foundation’s development, philanthropic approach, priorities, operations, structure, and culture.
- Identify funding opportunities aligned with Foundation goals and interests.
- Maintain active and working knowledge of the nonprofit landscape in the region and emerging practices within the philanthropic sector.
- Collect first-hand information from the network about community needs.
- Perform research relevant to existing philanthropic strategies and/or towards the development of new priorities.
- Review grant proposals, conduct due diligence, monitor open grants throughout the grant term, and support reporting and evaluation of impact.
- Communicate regularly with grantees and grantseekers in writing, virtually, and in-person, including visits within communities across the region.
- Present grant request summaries and reports to Foundation leadership and the Board
- Prepare written materials and presentations summarizing active and potential grants and conveying the Foundation's objectives.
Other Organizational Duties
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Collaborate with other grantmakers and organizational partners.
- Stay engaged with community initiatives and potential partners.
- Represent the Foundation in the community through meetings, conferences, site visits, and engagement with existing and potential members of the Camber network.
- Gather knowledge about local, statewide, and regional issues affecting Foundation work, sharing findings with Camber leadership.
- Offer technical assistance and consultation to grantseekers and other grantmakers, facilitating introductions as needed to support the nonprofit sector.
Residence in Eastern North Carolina, preferably prior to hire, and knowledge of its communities.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related professional experience; Ten years is desired.
Preferred experience in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, or related community leadership.
- Base of knowledge in Camber’s existing focus areas and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Motivated to work effectively within a high-performing team and independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across various audiences, including interpersonal, public relations, oratory, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Inventive and entrepreneurial mindset with self-motivation and adaptability.
- Technical proficiency in planning and managing complex meetings and virtual collaboration.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects appropriately to meet goals and deadlines.
Humility, curiosity, kindness, good humor, and love for North Carolina’s people and places are preferred.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary range of $74,000 - $84,000, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes: generous paid time off and holidays; health insurance; life insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance; long-term disability insurance; sick leave and short-term disability; parental leave; 401(K) retirement plan, with employer matching.
Qualified candidates may apply only by submitting your résumé and a brief statement of interest to Lasindra Webb via email at email@example.com. Be sure to include "Network Officer" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. The application deadline is November 30, 2023.