Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Our client, a global non-profit organization, seeks an experienced admin to join its team. The position is expected to provide office management and administrative support to the local staff and will report to the Program Director, with a dotted line responsibility to the Director of Administration in Europe.
This is a small office located in Chapel Hill but the organization has offices in Europe, Africa, and North America, and makes grants to organizations located in 40 countries worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a mature team player with a high level of IT literacy.Someone with a positive, open, friendly and flexible personality is key to the success of this role. A confident self-starter who possesses a ‘can-do’ attitude will do well here.
- Setting up before and cleaning up after meetings and virtual meetings;
- Managing the conference room calendar for both internal and external meetings
- Overseeing and executing the logistical arrangements for external partners, internal meetings and larger events such as the annual board meetings
- Assisting with scheduling meetings and calls
IT and Administrative Support:
- Welcoming and directing all visitors to/in the office, managing phone calls, etc.
- Serving as the super user/lead for the office on internal business tools such as Cezanne (the electronic HR tool), zoom, office 365, etc.
- Assisting with booking and organising travel for visitors and others, as needed
- Maintaining the overall annual calendar for the office, and keeping it updated
- Drafting communications and web content as needed
- Serving as the office person of contact for IT, phone systems, the alarm system and security, in liaison with the Director of Administration and external providers
- Serving as the office liaison to the property management company
- Maintaining office equipment (copiers, computers, printers, etc.), office supplies and kitchen inventory
- Managing the kitchen and overseeing the cleaning schedule
- A bachelor’s degree or have equivalent skills/experience.
- 3-5 years of previous experience and strong references as an administrative or executive assistant. Previous experience in similar organizations preferable. Events management experience is a plus.
- High level of IT literacy, including comfort with troubleshooting technology and IT equipment. At ease with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and web conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
- High attention to detail, the ability to type with high accuracy and to proofread outgoing documents.
- High level of discretion is required.
Finally, a candidate with an international outlook and exposure is highly preferred. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds and from different cultures.
This is an immediate, temp-to-hire opportunity, paying $22 per hour.
If you feel you have the required experience and skills for this role, please respond with a copy of your resume in MS Word. Our recruiters will review all applications promptly and reach out to qualified candidates.
Chapel Hill, NC