Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Philanthropic Services Manager
The Philanthropic Services Manager will enhance the Foundation’s ability to serve our donors, maintain accurate and useful data, improve our ability to use data in decision-making, and actively support development staff in efforts to build relationships, administer the charitable funds entrusted to us, and raise additional funds.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Management and Research (60%)
- Enter and maintain biographical and fund information in all databases (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, GrantedGE, and Blackbaud Net Community).
- Coordinate a wide range of data projects based on staff requests, including generation and organization of data from internal systems, cross-coordination of staff involved in project, and assisting with the analysis of results.
- Collaborate with fundraising team to track and report on fundraising progress, donor trends and analytics. Prepare relevant fundraising reports, including dashboards, for Board of Directors, internal leadership, and other committees.
- Create and run complex queries, reports, and mailing lists to support fundraising and outreach efforts on a routine and as-needed basis.
- Analyze, interpret and translate complex data from various channels, including mailings and e-communications, into actionable insights; use a racial and gender equity lens in understanding data.
- Execute regular Raiser's Edge maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Updating addresses based on National Change of Address procedure
- Duplicate record clean-up
- Maintaining accuracy and organization of queries and reports
Donor Relations and Stewardship Support (20%)
- Create a culture of data quality by following data integrity protocols, processes, and documentation; provide staff training in these areas.
- Maintain database maintenance procedures manual for Raiser's Edge.
- Provide technical support and training to Advancement and PS Operations to enhance end-user proficiency, skill, and professional development.
- Participate in Raiser’s Edge power users group; assist staff across the Foundation who are using Raiser's Edge for projects or reports, particularly as it relates to innovation in operations.
- Serve as the department’s database expert, proficient in our database and keeping abreast of its new developments including best practices (example: new RE releases).
- Working across departments, import and export constituent information.
- Oversee designated grants process and direct Grants Processor & Administrative Assistant on the related administrative tasks.
- Directly field and respond to email and telephone inquiries from fundholders experiencing technical issues with the online donor portal. Answer questions about fund balances, statements, and grants.
- Lead collaboration with Marketing and Communications Manager on donor e-communications.
- Collaborate with Director, Philanthropic Services to ensure donor-advised funds maintain an active grantmaking status.
- In collaboration with Director, Fund Administration and Stewardship, create innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors.
- Manage the setup of new charitable funds by entering new fund information in Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge and directing all fund set-up activities with relevant staff (such as movement of money, scanning documents, etc.).
- Provide back-up for the Gifts Processor and Administrative Assistant for gift entry, gift acknowledgement, memorials/tributes and other duties as needed.
- Actively participate as a member of the Philanthropic Services department, attend regular meetings, and collaborate on special projects.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Philanthropic Services.
- At least two years of relevant experience, including work manipulating databases.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Experience in constantly prioritizing a wide range of demands and following tasks through to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of hands-on experience and skill with computer technology as well as demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to and understanding of racial equity.
- A desire to integrate technical work into the much broader context of WSF’s development activities; a
- A positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and is expected to be between $40,000 and $47,000. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance begin the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Eligibility for the defined benefit retirement plan begins after one year of service. Other optional benefits include a flexible benefit plan, supplemental insurance with AFLAC, employee supplemental retirement plan, charitable match program, and tuition and fee reimbursement.
The Winston-Salem Foundation is committed to building a staff that reflects our community and encourages applications from a diverse candidate pool.
Please apply online by 5:00 p.m. December 11 at www.wsfoundation.org/careers
$40,000 and $47,000