SECU Foundation is seeking a Program Officer to serve as a statewide resource for Foundation projects, grant-making and other processes and procedures of the Foundation. The Program Officer will assist in working with non-profits applying for grants, helping to evaluate proposals, review program outcomes, and assess the impact of projects. In addition, the Program Officer will help coordinate the daily promotional, operational and fiscal responsibilities of the Foundation.
- Commitment to the mission and values of SECU Foundation
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Previous Foundation or grantmaking experience preferred, including experience with project management
- Should be comfortable networking, building cross-cultural relationships, and interacting with public charities, government organizations, and the general public
- Must be able to apply knowledge to collect, measure, and analyze data to provide analysis and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines, while paying attention to accuracy and detail
- Must be willing to learn and be open to new ideas
- Possess excellent telephone, email and personal communication skills; be well organized, professional, resourceful, and willing to help others
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule when appropriate
- Ability to work well independently and in teams, must be able to cooperate and collaborate with co-workers
- Must be capable of representing SECU Foundation when needed for training, meetings, onsite support, etc.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality is expected
- Must be able to monitor, manage and document grant projects/programs while serving as liaison with grantees to ensure proper payments are made and reports received
- Must be able to complete the Credit Union’s Basic Module Program requirements within 24 months of hire date as a condition of employment. This provides knowledge of SECU policies and procedures
Note: The above responsibilities reflect the general nature and level of work expected of an employee, it is not a comprehensive list of all duties or expectations.
The Program Officer is supervised by the VP of SECU Foundation. This is a full-time position based in Raleigh, North Carolina, with an annual salary range of $36,000 to $79,000 based on experience.
SECU provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
How to Apply:
Fill out the SECU Application
and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with an updated resume and brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position.