Program Analyst, Health Care
The Program Analyst, Health Care Opportunity
The Health Care program’s long-term goal is to drive improvements in health status and reductions in health disparities. The program’s three strategies are outlined below:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Program Analyst to join the Health Care team and work closely with the Director, Health Care to finalize the planning and implementation of the Carolinas Health Innovation Institute. The Program Analyst will also conduct research and analysis to support the Health Care program area’s focus on innovation and the development of new strategies to support emerging topics. The Program Analyst will be responsible for preparing and sharing findings with Endowment Trustees, for conducting due diligence in the grantmaking process and analyzing the impact of grantmaking strategies. They will also have the opportunity to represent the Endowment at meetings with grantees and at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Expand access for vulnerable populations to reduce health disparities and promote health equity by supporting access to essential services and resources.
- Promote healthy lifestyles to support population health by advancing programs and policies that promote healthy behaviors and address social determinants of health.
- Advance system reform by demonstrating the effectiveness of innovative models that are scalable and sustainable in order to promote healthy lifestyles and expand access.
- Support the planning and implementation of the Carolinas Health Innovation Institute, including the organization and progression of topics currently in the early stages of testing and consideration for advancement.
- Coordinate ongoing work to consolidate all technical assistance and implementation support for established initiatives and future multi-site pilots and demonstrations.
- Support ongoing work for the design and build of a consolidated data portal; works with a consulting group to customize evaluation and reporting software.
- Coordinate the routine dissemination and review of comparative and aggregate data related to capacity, outputs and outcomes.
- Support staff in the development of statewide plans and implementation of new strategies to address the emerging focus on social determinants of health.
- Conduct research, perform analysis and provides strategy support on various topics related to Health Care and the Endowment’s grantmaking in this area.
- Prepare summaries, white papers, and reports to share with various audiences, including Endowment Trustees and other program areas.
- Monitor results of Health Care grants; work with the Endowment’s Evaluation team and the Health Care area team to analyze and assess the impact of grantmaking activities and to propose course corrections/new approaches as needed.
- Ensure the integrity of Health Care’s grantmaking data in the Endowment’s various information systems.
- Participate in intra-Endowment committees and special projects as appropriate.
- Represent the Endowment in relationships with grantees and participates in meetings with other philanthropic organizations at state and national meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Graduate degree and/or at least two to three years of related experience, preferably in the area of health policy, analyzing population health data, and structuring demonstration programs.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability and drive to analyze and synthesize data, and to organize and process significant interrelated information.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills that will allow the position to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Critical thinking skills along with initiative to contribute and share ideas
- Ability to engage others in dialogue in order to learn from diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative to pursue work, assist others and resolve problems and issues.
Charlotte, North Carolina
To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit https://talent-profile.koyapartners.com/search/4074 or email email@example.com