Are you an experienced Development professional with strong personal initiative, great organizational skills, and a passion for excellence? Would you like the opportunity to collaborate with outstanding people who are working together to build a brighter future for everyone in the Triangle?
Triangle Community Foundation is building a brighter future for everyone in the Triangle. By working with dedicated donors and strong nonprofits, we are able to guide gifts in a strategic way to fill in gaps, reduce inequities, and solve the region's most pressing challenges. Since 1983, we have envisioned a Triangle that works together so everyone can thrive and in the last fiscal year, with the help of our generous family of donors, we granted over $30 million back into the community to make a difference.
Triangle Community Foundation seeks a Development Officer to join our Development & Donor Engagement team which cultivates and maintains relationships with the Foundation's donors. The Development Officer contributes significantly to the growth and impact of the Foundation through relational management of a portfolio of donors and intentional solicitation of prospective donors. The Development Officer reports to the Vice President of Development & Donor Engagement and will contribute to the overall strategic philanthropy of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Asset Development and Donor Engagement
- Research, identify and cultivate prospects with information and materials highlighting the Foundation's products, services and value proposition as a knowledgeable community leader and philanthropic partner.
- Utilize moves management strategies for consistent and documented outreach and solicitation for new gifts and new funds.
- Develop and maintain liaison relationship with portfolio of new and existing donors to help them achieve the full philanthropic expression of their values and be strategic in recommending grants from their fund. May include developing values and mission statements for their giving based on their family history and preparing a customized philanthropic plan.
- Cultivate portfolio of donors with opportunities to increase their investment in their fund, the community and/or the Foundation's programs.
- Service to the field - the Development Officer is expected to share the Foundation's experience and learning with its peers, including Speaking Engagements and Community Presence
Desired Attributes, Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission
- 5+ years of experience in development, major gifts or donor relations
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Experience and comfort in working with individuals of wealth
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as a team
- Willingness to support interrelated roles of other staff
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and accomplish a variety of long- and short-term goals
- Strong commitment to professionalism and high performance
- Able to manage competing priorities and take on new responsibilities
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent judgment and ability to think independently
For more details about Triangle Community Foundation, visit www.trianglecf.org.
At Triangle Community Foundation, we believe that when people feel respected and included, they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. While we have more work to do to advance equity, diversity and inclusion, we're investing to move our organization and community forward. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 16, 2020