Development Systems Associate
Position Title: Development Systems Associate
Reports To: Director, Donor Services
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (Foundation) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph, and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders, the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
The Development Systems Associate is a data-minded problem solver and the point person for all aspects of the Foundation’s database (currently, Raiser’s Edge) and related applications. Responsibilities include the creation and execution of visual data reporting, updating and maintaining the Foundation’s data set, and the overall security and integrity of donor information. Responsibilities require expertise in database software and MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word), excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the department’s primary resource for our Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system, currently Raiser’s Edge (RE), including:
- Efficient and accurate pledge and gift processing, including gifts of cash, stock, credit card payments, ACH, or other gifts.
- Maintenance of donor and fundholder records
- Set up and intake for new fundholders
- Ensures timely and accurate mailing of gift acknowledgements, pledge commitment reminders, and other donor and fundholder correspondence
- Coordinate reporting activities that overlap between the agency’s development, program, and finance datasets.
- Run queries, export information, and prepare reports or lists for events, mailings, proposals, presentations, and other fundraising activities
- Prepare, edit, and send Foundation correspondence through Constant Contact
- Troubleshoot customer challenges with our donation website and donor portal, currently Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC), develop new online giving pages, and oversee upgrades of BBNC as needed.
- Stay up to date on how best to improve and utilize all the capabilities of our CRM software and/or other software platforms/programs and determine the best options for the organization
- Participate in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures that will equip staff members with tools to provide effective and efficient service
- Respond to inquiries from clients by phone and email.
- Serve as secondary administrative support for the department, including:
- Assist with donor events.
- Proactively communicate with other administrative staff to help with time-sensitive projects
- Serve as back-up to Receptionist and help coordinate support for staffing the reception area from other departments as needed
- Serve as an Administrative team member to ensure strong internal communications between all function areas to enable efficient implementation and management of strategic initiatives as a member of the ATeam
- Represent the department in software and IT meetings
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation to serve both internal and external customers
- Conducts self in a professional manner and has a customer first attitude
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes and trends affecting area of work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Works well with others and is open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Participates in meetings or committees as needed
- Bachelors or Associates degree, preferably in information technology, business or related field
- At least two to four years of progressively more responsible work experience
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, manage and successfully complete multiple tasks
- Sound judgment, initiative and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be self-directed and contribute to team environment. Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management, leadership and development skills
- An ongoing commitment to training in both areas of soft skills and technical skills to maintain current skills and knowledge
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge database software
- Strong understanding of nonprofit operations
- Working knowledge of community foundations and an understanding of charitable giving opportunities and strategies
Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro