Marketing and Communications Officer
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Officer
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (Foundation) is a public charity serving Guilford, Alamance, Randolph, and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders, the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
The Marketing and Communications Officer (MCO) will provide support, management, and coordination for the Foundation’s marketing, communications, public relations, and key events. The MCO will have direct responsibility for the management of the website and social media channels and will create, build, and strengthen communication channels to increase community awareness and understanding of the Foundation, its impact, and its strategic priorities. As a member of the marketing team, the MCO will be responsible for the strategic relevance and execution of Foundation collateral materials, keeping media channels fresh and relevant, assisting with production of printed newsletters and reports, and other related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A: External Marketing and Communications
B: Internal Marketing and Communications
- Develop print and online communication materials, including e-newsletters, donor and professional advisor communications, fundraising and event mailings, invitations, collateral materials, special brochures, and other publications; responsibilities include writing, editing others’ work, and uploading to web platforms as necessary.
- Maintain and update the Foundation’s website and maintain and develop its social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other sites as relevant.
- Support public relations efforts and opportunities, including writing press releases, coordinating content for television outlets, and responding to inquiries from the media, donors, grantees, and the community-at-large.
- Prepare surveys and collect research data for donors, grantees, and other stakeholders: analyze research metrics for online platforms.
C: Other Responsibilities
- Team member in creating the Foundation’s annual report, collaborating across internal departments, writing, and editing, and coordinating with external sources such as photographers, writer, and design agencies.
- Team member in managing key Foundation events. Support duties include sponsorship solicitation, communications efforts, event space logistics, audio-visual support, and speaker and script development.
- Manage mass mailings with internal administrative support and coordinate with external mailing service.
- Work with Development and Donor Services to achieve maximum impact from the Raiser’s Edge and Constant Contact database for mailings and e-newsletter communications.
- Provide communications support as needed to the Foundation’s strategic initiatives.
- Partner with Foundation staff to assist with the communications needs of other departments and initiatives; assist with special events as needed.
- Participate in local, regional, and national networking, conferences, and committees.
- Participate in regular staff and internal meetings.
- Partner with staff on tasks that concern the broad agenda of the Foundation’s work to ensure that decisions are made with diverse input to benefit the common good.
- Supports the mission, vision, and goals of the Foundation
- Conducts self in a professional manner and maintains appropriate appearance
- Adheres to, supports, and improves Foundation policies and procedures
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
- Maintains confidentiality
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Participates in meetings or committees as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of experience in marketing and communications and project management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven writing, proofing, and editing skills and experience working with graphic designers, photographers, writers, event-related support, and other vendors
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and work under pressure in a changing environment
- Demonstrated leadership with strong initiative and self-directing skills, creativity, and promotion of innovation
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Ability to function as part of a team and work across teams within an organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with community members, nonprofits and community groups, and media organizations
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values
- Commitment to and understanding of racial equity
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and website/e-mail content management systems; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro