Board & Grants Specialist
The Board & Grants Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating services provided to FFTC’s affiliate grantmaking boards, as well as grant processes of select other programs, as required. This position will directly support and staff FFTC’s grantmaking boards, and will provide general administrative support to such boards, including grants databases, data entry, queries, report preparation and other administrative functions.
•Works with the Vice President, Board Management and affiliate boardsto:
- Determine annual schedule of board meetings and grant cycles, prepare for board meetings and conduct post-meeting follow-up tasks, and perform other administrative functions related to affiliate boards.
•Works with affiliate and other select grant programsto:
- Review and update grant cycle guidelines and dates each year;
- Monitor applications and answer questions from grant applicants regarding grant cycle guidelines and timelines;
- Initiate due diligence on organizations to ensure they are eligible grant recipients;
- Review, evaluate, summarize and prepare grant applications for boards and committees;
- Notify grant applicants of awards and declines and process grant payments;
- Analyze and evaluate grant performance and results;
- Maintain databases and reports to manage and report on grant awards for each program;
- Maintain a knowledge base of current trends, community resources and programs consistent with board / committee investment areas.
•Participates in board meetings and communicates regularly with boards to prepare for meetings and lead boards through the grantmakingprocess;
•Communicates proactively with grant applicants, responding to general inquiries about grant cycle guidelines and providing technical support with the online grant applicationprocess;
- Drafts news releases and email notifications to announce grant cycle openings and awards.
- Collaborates with other board & grants specialists and FFTC staff as necessary;
Completes other duties as assigned.