Grants & Scholarships Intern
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has administered more than $184 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With more than $290 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
This internship will provide valuable experience in philanthropy and offer the selected candidate the opportunity to learn about grants & scholarships at a statewide nonprofit foundation. NCCF is committed to providing internships that contribute to Foundation goals while also providing relevant career development. The Foundation prefers to fill this position with a first-generation college student, but any interested student is welcome to apply.
The role will be part of the Community Investment & Engagement Department and will report directly to the Manager of our Grants & Scholarships team. This individual will work remotely from home. If our office reopens during the internship, the candidate will work from NCCF’s Raleigh Headquarters located at 3737 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 460, Raleigh NC 27612.The pay offered is $12 per hour for 20 – 30 hours per week for 10-14 weeks. Flexible work hours are offered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support within the online scholarships and grants systems
- Reviewing scholarship documentation for compliance
- Creating materials for communication with scholarship administrators, students, and financial aid offices
- Data entry to facilitate grants and scholarship processing
- Preparing supporting documentation for grants and scholarship distributions
Qualifications will include:
- Strong organizational skills, including high attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop positive professional relationships
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Ease and proficiency with technology and a willingness to learn new software, databases and programs
- Consistency in meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Appreciation for North Carolina’s nonprofit sector / Interest in the philanthropic sector
To learn more about the North Carolina Community Foundation, visit nccommunityfoundation.org
Interested applicants should email email@example.com
a resume, cover letter by Monday, March 15, 2021.
NCCF is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected category under state or federal law.