Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Donor Services Officer
Triangle Community Foundation
Triangle Community Foundation inspires and mobilizes giving, leadership, and action. By working together with donors and nonprofits to address critical community issues, we envision a vibrant Triangle that ensures everyone thrives. Since 1983, the Foundation has been committed to this work, and with the help of our generous family of donors, each year we grant over $25 million back into the community to make a difference.
The Donor Services Officer provides general stewardship to donor-advised fundholders in the areas of donor services, grantmaking, and general engagement. The Donor Services Officer contributes substantially to the Foundation’s philanthropic mission and thus to the overall quality of life in the Triangle region.
- Offers excellent service, communication, and Foundation resources, to donor-advised fundholders, ensuring they are achieving their philanthropic objectives through targeted grantmaking and fund management
- Proactively manages portfolio of approximately 200 individual donors and works collaboratively with other members of the Donor Development team to assign donors based on interests, relationships, and potential for key partner donor engagement
- Serves as primary liaison for Foundation’s committee and corporate-advised funds
- Works with Grants Administrator and Donor Services team to ensure that weekly donor-advised grant requests are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversees maintenance of fund activity on an ongoing basis (grant tracking and reporting)
- Consistently highlights the Foundation’s focus areas as funding opportunities and ensures that other staff-suggested grants to nonprofit partners are shared with fundholders
- Works collaboratively with Senior Donor Engagement Officer and Community Engagement team to ensure that the Foundation provides donors with appropriate opportunities for events and special gatherings which educate donors on community issues and how they can get involved to address and support those issues
- Connects fundholders to Foundation grantees and other nonprofit partners through the arrangement of site visits for the evaluation of grantmaking impact and fund alignment
- Commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission
- Three years of experience in development, donor relations or grantmaking
- College degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to work closely with other colleagues as a team
- Direct experience and comfort in working with high wealth individuals
- Strong customer service mentality and commitment to professionalism
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing in a variety of styles and for a variety of audiences
- Experience in administering projects
- Strong organizational skills and ability to organize work to meet deadlines and accomplish a variety of long- and short-term goals
- Flexibility; able to adjust activities and priorities and take on new responsibilities
- Excellent judgment and ability to think independently
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Triangle Community Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement contributions, holidays, vacation and sick leave. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit a cover letter and resume BY DECEMBER 14, 2018.