Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Director of Operations
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has administered more than $145 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With more than $270 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,300 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations, as a member of the leadership team, will ensure that the North Carolina Community Foundation has the technology, infrastructure and systems in place to achieve our goal to inspire philanthropy across North Carolina. The Director of Operations will be responsible for all internal operational, technology and people functions throughout a complex statewide organization. This person will have the ability to think strategically and lead project implementation as well as handle administrative functions and details.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven success with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, information systems and human resources
- Proven ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Sense of humor and willingness to do what is needed
- High level of business acumen and problem solving, project management and creative resourcefulness
- Action orientation—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges
- Proven ability to hold others accountable in a positive manner
- Ability to successfully juggle many priorities at once
- Effective communication ability – written and verbal
- Ease and proven leadership with technology
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Ability to support/coach/mentor others to exceed the goals of the organization
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofits is a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team.
Are you this ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please. Deadline for submittal is February 8, 2019. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and needs of the organization.