Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Scholarship Program Internship
NCCF is offering a paid summer internship to assist with our scholarship programs during the summer of 2019. The Foundation prefers to fill this position with a first-generation college student, but any interested student is welcome to apply.
This position provides valuable experience in the field of philanthropy and an opportunity to learn about scholarship processes, from application to award, at a statewide community foundation. NCCF is committed to providing an internship that contributes towards Foundation goals while providing a variety of learning experiences and relevant career development.
The individual in this position will be a part of the Community Investment & Engagement Team, will report to the Grants Program Manager and will work in NCCF’s Raleigh Headquarters office at 3737 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. The pay offered is $12 per hour for 20 hours per week, beginning in May and working for 10-14 weeks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support within the online scholarships systems
- Reviewing scholarship documentation for compliance
- Creating materials for communication with scholarship administrators, students, and financial aid offices
- Data entry to facilitate scholarship processing
- Preparing supporting documentation scholarship distributions
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Strong organizational skills, including high attention to accuracy and detail
- Willingness to learn new concepts and tasks
- Positive approach to working with others
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Aptitude for database and online systems management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Appreciation for North Carolina’s nonprofit and philanthropic sectors
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 25. Please include “Scholarship Program Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
NCCF is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, citizenship, national origin, veteran status or any other protected category under state or federal law.