The Foundation has an immediate opening for a Post-Baccalaureate Fellow interested in community and youth engagement, research, partner and program development. The Fellowship will provide broad and meaningful experiences and interaction with all Foundation work and initiatives. The Fellow will assist Foundation board and staff in working with community partners in ways that build a healthy community. The Fellow will work with community residents and partners to develop and strengthen opportunities for all people to thrive in Lancaster County, Fort Lawn, and Great Falls. Position is classified as a two-year, entry level, time-limited, temporary position. The job description is attached.
Interested applicants should submit a completed job application, including a writing sample that addresses the following questions. Answers should be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Describe an experience where you worked directly on a community project or initiative. Include your motivation for involvement, the actions you took and the outcome. Please include your reflections on how your actions helped/hindered the result and what you might do differently in the future.
- Please provide your own personal mission statement. Include your thoughts on what your role is in the broader community, and how this relates to and impacts a healthy community.
- What is your passion? In what ways do you see the Fellow position fitting into your passion?
Applications for the Post-Baccalaureate Fellow position will be accepted through 4/6/19. Two letters of reference must also be submitted by the deadline, submitted directly to the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants should submit the following:
Post- Baccalaureate Fellow
- Cover letter and resume should be sent directly to email@example.com.
- Answers to writing sample position-specific questions should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two letters of reference, sent to the Foundation by the application deadline. Letters of reference should be sent directly from the candidate’s references to email@example.com.
As a part of our strategic commitment to helping youth successfully transition to adulthood, the Foundation seeks a Post-Baccalaureate Fellow. Successful candidates have interest and/or experience working in community development, research, or youth and community engagement. Together with staff, the Fellow will manage projects and initiatives designed to build a healthy community in the communities of Lancaster County, Fort Lawn, and Great Falls, SC. This is a full-time, two-year fellowship (temporary employee classification).
Minimum Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- Assist with research and engagement projects to promote healthy living and healthy communities.
- Host convenings of multi-sector partners to discuss community needs; analyze themes and develop presentations.
- Assist, support, and develop youth and young adult opportunities and experiences through internships, service learning, community service opportunities.
- Continue to refine and share the Foundation’s summer internship program and educational components; work with staff to develop year-round structures to employ and involve youth.
- Work with Foundation staff to develop healthy community messages and engagement opportunities (via social media, newsletter, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (degree conferred no earlier than 2014), any discipline
- Demonstrated work and desire to work with and/or on behalf of young adults
- Research, analysis experience
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Team player
- Experience working in a fast- paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- Initiative, self - starter
- Microsoft Office competency
- Social media proficiency
- Community development experience
- Program development experience
- Embedded experience with young adult populations, families, youth support personnel
- Coursework or extracurricular work/research with youth
- Mentoring experience