Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Associate Network Officer
The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation is seeking an associate network officer to manage existing Foundation relationships and identify new ones in specific states/regions. The associate network officer will administer a related grants portfolio over time.
The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation’s mission is to help people and places move out of poverty and achieve greater social and economic justice. Founded in 1953, the Foundation now makes grants to nonprofit organizations in 11 states in the Southeastern United States. MRBF supports organizations and networks engaged in collaborative, multi-strategy work, particularly those working at the intersections of three mutually reinforcing pathways of change: economic opportunity, democracy and civic engagement, and supportive policy and institutions.
- Develop the Foundation’s relationships in specified states/regions to identify grant and investment opportunities, develop and nurture funding partnerships and other networks to advance the Foundation’s priorities and to understand the economic, political and social context.
- Respond to inquiries for grants, interpret the Foundation’s policies, offer assistance beyond grant seeking, including referrals, networking and general management counsel.
- Participate on Program Team to develop, implement and evaluate programs and reach consensus on recommendations to the board to advance the Foundation’s mission.
- Review grant proposals, conduct due diligence and write recommendations to the board.
- Monitor grants for technical assistance needs, compliance, impact and lessons learned.
- Research, write and present occasional papers on Foundation strategy for the Program Team and board.
- Contribute as needed to external Foundation communications.
- Assist in planning and implementing “value-added” activities such as convenings, technical assistance, peer networks, resource directories and other information.
- Occasionally represent the Foundation at conferences and meetings; stay abreast of the philanthropic field and the Foundation’s program areas through conferences and other professional activities.
- Contribute to a transparent and equitable organizational culture where ethical and equity policies and practices are understood and lived out by all staff.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 3+ years of grantmaking, nonprofit or other experience related to the Foundation’s priorities.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Babcock Foundation and a commitment to equity, particularly racial equity, with a willingness to proactively learn about it and integrate it into all aspects of the work.
- Respect for the dignity and abilities of all people.
- Experience at building relationships and fostering alliances among diverse people to accomplish goals.
- Experience with and trust in collegial decision making, coupled with the ability to work independently, flexibly and with good humor.
- Keen analytical skills, ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly.
- Ability to use instinct and intuition effectively in building relationships and making decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines; ability to pay attention to accuracy and detail while thinking broadly.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Commitment to the Southeastern United States.
- Ability to travel.
The associate network officer is a member of the program team and supervised by the senior network officer. This is a full-time position based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with a generous benefits package and an annual salary range of $52,000 to $60,000. We look forward to receiving applications from a diverse pool of candidates. The Babcock Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse staff.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
by July 24, 2019.