BPI recognizes that the pandemic this year has only heightened systemic inequities that continue to prevent Black students from thriving. Within this focus area, BPI will support grant proposals that:
- Address equity issues within the K-12 and higher education systems
- Are designed with the goal to make a positive impact on students of color with an explicit focus on Black students
- Are being implemented by a 501 (c)(3) organization, public school or higher education institution, or a faith-based organization (organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3) may use an organization with one to serve as a fiscal agent)
For this grant round, priority will be given to
- Black-led groups/organizations
- Public schools with a high population of Black students
- Organizations and programs that invest directly in predominately Black schools and/or neighborhoods
- Organizations/schools that are actively engaging students, parents, and/or educators in helping to guide the organization’s work in education and determine its goals
For more information or to apply online, visit www.bpiws.org
and scroll down to the "Grants" section.
Staff is available to talk through any proposal ideas you may have and to answer any questions about the application process. For assistance, contact Andrea Hulighan, Director of Strategic Initiatives
at email@example.com or (336) 604-5034. Please reach out prior to Friday, November 20
to set up a time to talk if you would like to discuss a proposal idea.
Application deadline is midnight, Tuesday, December 1