• $10,000 to Conserving Carolina to support their strategic planning
• $6,300 to Creating a Family to support the development and distribution of resource kits to grandparent-led families in Henderson County
• $3,800 to Environmental Educators of North Carolina to support Henderson County teachers in attending the Southeastern Environmental Education Alliance conference
• $10,000 to Henderson County Cooperative Extension to support the renovation and transformation of the kitchen in the Extension Center into a teaching kitchen
• $20,000 to Henderson Soil and Water Conservation District to support the restoration of Mill Pond Creek, including the creation of an access point for educational purposes
• $50,000 to Hendersonville Connections Center for construction costs (contingent upon raising other funds to complete the project)
• $27,000 to Safelight to support the replacement of their building’s roof
• $30,000 to St. Luke’s Hospital to support a new 3D mammography program
• $25,500 to Veterans Healing Farm to support the construction of a deck with a handicap accessible ramp for their community center
“For nearly 40 years it has been Community Foundation’s honor and purpose to ensure that donors’ gifts are used to respond to the changing opportunities and challenges within our community,” says the Foundation’s President and CEO McCray V. Benson. “Our Community Grants Program continues to provide support for countless projects and local organizations each year – helping improve the quality of life for thousands of our neighbors.”
Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations, IRS-equivalents or accepted fiscal agents wanting to be considered for Community Foundation of Henderson County’s next competitive Community Grants cycle are invited to submit applications to the Community Foundation by Wednesday, September 1. Grant guidelines, the online application portal, and more details about the Community Grants Program can be found at CFHCforever.org.
Questions or requests for additional information regarding the grant application process can be obtained by contacting Community Foundation’s Program Officer Noelle McKay at (828) 697-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Community Foundation of Henderson County
Founded in 1982, Community Foundation of Henderson County’s mission is helping people who care make lasting contributions to causes that matter. The Foundation accepts gifts from individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create a permanent pool of charitable capital from which grants are awarded. Learn more about Community Foundation of Henderson County at www.cfhcforever.org, and by calling 828-697-6224.