ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop annual SMART goals for marketing and communications (MarCom) plan. Manage key projects, activities, and events and in project management platform (Airtable); review weekly with supervisor and for monthly department meetings. Advise CFGG departments to use online project request form; respond to requests for MarCom support in a timely manner.
Collaborate across departments, especially with the Development and Donor Engage (DADE) team, to customize collateral for target audiences (e.g., donors, professional advisors). Promote CFGG brand guidelines and messaging for all creative projects by staff and vendors. Manage design and print projects and promotional items, vendors, and payables.
Write and edit copy and visuals for CFGG’s website. Update WordPress website with interface design tool (Elementor), and back-up website and install updates weekly. Upload pages and information for CFGG’s programs, services, and events. This includes nonprofit and donor stories and blogs, media releases and news coverage, grant and scholarship information, and organizational data. Post videos to website and YouTube channels and edit for quality and length. Coordinate website updates with social media posts.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Online Advertising.
Improve SEO to increase website traffic and engagement with CFGG’s stakeholders. Analyze insights and habits of website users to shape content, enhance keywords, and improve content readability. Utilize organic traffic and paid advertising tactics to strengthen user metrics over time. Manage Google Ads and social media boosting and advertising. Implement cost-free, organic/inbound marketing strategies to grow traffic. Track performance of blogs and stories. Analyze social media metrics and shift strategies based on data. Provide website and social media dashboard reports to supervisor on a monthly and quarterly basis. Apply for Google Ads grant for nonprofits.
Traditional Marketing & Advertising.
Support donor development and stakeholder engagement campaigns through online and offline strategies and activities. Establish goals, timelines, and metrics. Gather, analyze, and report formal and informal feedback from donors, professional advisors, and nonprofits and recommend strategies to improve measurable outcomes. Track and analyze results of traditional ad buys. Research industry benchmarks, best practices, and data that supports CFGG’s communications and advocacy.
Reports & Presentations.
Assist with gathering data for annual report. Coordinate printing, digital upload, and distribution of report to stakeholders. Develop presentations and talking points for internal and external audiences. Create general use and custom marketing packets meetings, events, and promotions. Learn and train others on CFGG key messaging and brand positioning.
Support marketing of special events of CFGG and its initiatives. Develop marketing collateral and website content to promote events for external audiences. Manage photographers and videographers, and vendor relations; capture own photography and video as needed. Work with contractors and prepare invoices for supervisor review.
Seek out professional development, training, and mentoring relevant to current position and future career pathway.
- Supports the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the Foundation in order to serve both internal and external stakeholders
- Conducts self in a professional manner and maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional leadership, thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
Initiative and Ingenuity
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective presentation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Takes action without being asked or required
- Anticipates and resolves problems
- Uses creativity and imagination to develop new insights, ideas, approaches and/or solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of experience in marketing or communications with a preference for data analytics and digital marketing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven writing, proofing, and editing skills and experience working with graphic designers, photographers, writers, event-related support, and other vendors
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and work under pressure in a changing environment
- Demonstrated leadership with strong initiative and self-directing skills, creativity, and promotion of innovation
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Ability to function as part of a team and work across teams within an organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with community members, nonprofits and community groups, and media organizations
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values
- Commitment to and understanding of racial equity
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and website/e-mail content management systems; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and WordPress