Finance and HR Coordinator
The Golden LEAF Foundation seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner to join the team at Golden LEAF to serve as Finance and HR Coordinator.
About Golden LEAF
The Golden LEAF Foundation was established in 1999 to administer a portion of the tobacco settlement agreement monies and award funds to support projects in North Carolina’s rural and economically distressed communities. For almost 20 years, the nonprofit has partnered with state and local governments and other foundations to build economic opportunity across North Carolina through leadership in grantmaking, collaboration, innovation, and stewardship as an independent and perpetual foundation.
The Foundation, governed by a board of directors appointed by leaders of North Carolina’s legislative and executive branches, has focused on critical issues facing rural communities including bringing jobs and building industry by providing resources to communities, awarding scholarships to rural students and administering the state’s relief efforts following natural disasters.
- Must be self-motivated, results-driven and possess strong leadership skills to manage and improve the efficiency of the Foundation’s operations
- Demonstrate a high standard of excellence, accuracy and consistency, personal integrity, and accountability
- Possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize under deadlines is essential
- Must demonstrate the capacity to handle competing external and internal deadlines in a fast-paced environment with the ability and temperament to pivot priorities on short notice is essential
- Familiarity with rural North Carolina and commitment to the mission of the Golden LEAF Foundation is highly desired
- At least three years of related experience in accounting/finance, including general accounting experience in the not-for-profit or governmental sector
- Knowledge/understanding of internal control practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of common software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
This position will be based at the Golden LEAF offices at 301 N. Winstead Avenue in Rocky Mount, NC. This position is expected to work from the office with some flexibility for hybrid work after 90 days.
The Finance and HR Coordinator is responsible for providing accounting/financial support, and human resources oversight. The Finance and HR Coordinator reports to the Controller.
- Verify account balances for grantee payments and operating accounts; implement wire transfers and maintain wire transfer and signatory authorization records; process operating and grantee payments; maintain vendor records
- Record journal entries for payroll in general ledger (salaries, retirement, payroll taxes, etc.)
- Post accounts receivable and accounts payable / prepare bank deposits, maintain deposit ledger
- Manage Treasury & QuickBooks Software
- Manage various reporting requirements
- Continually assess and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Support preparation of account reconciliations
- Support preparation of Sales Tax Refund Form
- Provide assistance with schedules for Form 990 Tax Returns
- Oversight and management of human resource activities include, but are not limited to, coordinating employee benefits, monitoring vacation and sick leave accrual, maintaining employee records.
- Development and maintenance of an HR portal for employees
- Development and oversight of HR-related training for employees
- Manage ADP applications (i.e. Timekeeping)
Rocky Mount, NC
$55,000 – $65,000
Questions about this position can be directed to Kasey Ginsberg, Vice President/Chief of Staff by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.