Freedom School Partners is seeking the next CEO to lead a dynamic and diverse team of 13 full-time staff (three of whom are direct reports), 100 summer interns, and 20 summer staff. The new leader will be responsible for implementing the organization’s newly developed strategic plan, which prioritizes increasing the number of scholars served, being an advocate for educational equity in the community, and expanding organizational capacity. The guiding principle of the strategic plan is to embed diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) into all of FSP’s interactions, operations and programs. The board and staff are looking for a mission-driven person with a heart for children whose purpose and drive is to increase socioeconomic mobility in Charlotte. They seek an experienced leader with previous experience in education who can build substantive relationships throughout the community and with funders.
This role requires developing and maintaining strong relationships with a range of key stakeholders, everyone from scholars and their families to CEOs in the business community.
Development and Fundraising
- Nurture existing and cultivate new, collaborative relationships with organizations in the summer learning community and those working in whole child/whole family development to advance mutual goals
- Drive stakeholder relationship-building to achieve FSP’s mission and goals
- Inspire support for FSP as a thought leader and ambassador for this work
The CEO will achieve annual fundraising goals in collaboration with the nonprofit’s development team and the board of directors.
Vision, Strategy, and Implementation
- Continue existing and develop new relationships with individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Use qualitative and quantitative information to tell the story of FSP and its impact, making a compelling case for the organization’s work and return on investment
The CEO will use the newly developed strategic plan as a roadmap to implement priorities and growth goals.
Operational & Team Excellence
- Create a cohesive approach to department-level strategies to achieve quality growth
- Advance FSP’s advocacy position on educational equity
With a core team of 13 year-round staff, 100 summer interns, and another 20 summer employees, the CEO will lead and develop a high performing team while supporting the scholar-first culture and commitment to diversity that are core values for FSP.
- Direct the operational functions of the organization in collaboration with the administrative team
- Ensure the overall fiscal health of FSP, working with the Chief Administrative Officer to develop the annual budget
- Motivate and mentor the team and support professional growth for all team members
- Develop a succession planning strategy for FSP
- Be on site and actively engage with FSP summer programs in May through July
The Board of FSP is comprised of engaged and dedicated leaders.
- Support and develop the board of directors, keep the board apprised of organizational programming and initiatives
- Foster meaningful relationships between board and staff
- Engage current and prospective board members in FSP programs
Salary and Benefits
FSP offers a hybrid work environment, great benefits, performance-based bonus opportunity and a salary range of $145,000 to $155,000.
At Freedom School Partners, we believe all children deserve access to the educational resources and tools they need to thrive. There is an explicit connection between the need for (and the impact of) the work we do and educational and racial equity as well as social justice; therefore, inclusion, belonging and equity are critical to our organizational mission.
FSP understands that leadership from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences strengthens decision-making. We strongly encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQIA+-identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The confidentiality of all applicants will be honored.
Applications will be considered as they are received and accepted until the position is filled. Please apply promptly and by January 31, 2024.