Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CF) is a public charity serving Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina. Under the direction of a volunteer board of community leaders, the Foundation receives charitable funds from donors, invests those funds, distributes funds to charitable causes and provides services and grants to nonprofit agencies and the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
The Controller ensures the accuracy and efficiency of internal and external financial reporting, by aligning strong internal controls, technology and processes, with donor expectations. To be successful, the Controller builds and cultivates collaborative relationships with foundation staff, nonprofit agencies, and technology vendors. With full understanding of the Foundation’s operations, the Controller exercises sound judgment to evaluate financial processes and make recommendations.
A: Finance and Accounting
B. Provision of Administrative and Logistical Support
- Oversee the recording and reporting of all accounting transactions
- Review or prepare reconciliations for bank and investment accounts on monthly basis; prepare annual disclosures
- Manage the monthly fund accounting and quarterly reporting for 600+ individual and combined funds
- Prepare and distribute quarterly fundholder reports within stipulated deadlines
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Financial Edge software
- Calculate, communicate and monitor the annual payout for endowments
- Address or coordinate responses to inquiries from donors regarding funds; perform analyses and/or research as needed
- Maintain Fixed Asset ledger and prepare related journal entries.
- Perform analyses and assist VP-Finance as requested.
- Responsible for development of and adherence to accounting policies to ensure strong internal control environment.
- Assist IT Manager with technology issues as needed
- Implement measures for performance standards, evaluate results, and develop/participate in improvements
- Work with all departments to ensure financial reporting needs are met
- Participate in interdepartment teams/meetings as appropriate, (e.g., database management team, project implementation, technology), to develop and maintain effective and efficient processes and procedures
- Organize, maintain and destroy accounting files and documentation, in accordance with retention policy
- Provide any needed special reporting on programs and initiatives
- Serve as backup to Accountant position
- Other duties as assigned
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation in order to serve both internal and external customers
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Follows and supports Foundation policies and procedures
- Maintains appropriate professional appearance
- Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintains current knowledge of all changes and trends affecting area of work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals
- Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to customers
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities/tasks and work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and self initiative
- An ongoing commitment to accuracy and improvement in skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and nonprofit accounting standards
- Proficiency in advanced Excel and database applications
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of donors and professional advisors as well as community foundation colleagues
- Ability to work effectively one-on-one as well as make effective formal presentations
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with integrated databases and system conversions helpful
- A broad and diverse knowledge of community issues and demographics with a strong individual network
- Working knowledge of community foundations and an understanding of charitable giving opportunities and strategies