Philanthropy Liaison - NC Office of Strategic Partnerships
The North Carolina Office of Strategic Partnerships
(OSP) increases and enhances partnerships between state government and North Carolina’s renowned research institutions and philanthropic sector to improve quality of life for all North Carolinians. This includes elevating the State’s internal capacity to use and generate evidence in its policy and programmatic functions.
OSP accomplishes this in part by building and enhancing collaborative networks of public officials, research partners, and partners from philanthropy and the nonprofit sector broadly. We prioritize partnerships that are scalable, sustainable, and develop public, open-source resources. Strategic Partnerships is housed in the North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management, which includes data-driven and evidence-based decision making among its priorities.
OSP seeks a Philanthropy Liaison
to support efforts to strengthen and institutionalize relationships between philanthropy and state government. The Liaison will help educate each sector on the other, encourage collaboration on projects of shared interest, and facilitate more and better interaction across sectors.
The Liaison will join state government at a critical time. COVID-19 has highlighted the need for this role and the value of robust information sharing and partnership between philanthropy and government. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with and support representatives of government agencies, colleges/universities and other research institutions, and philanthropy. The Liaison will be part of a cross-sector, cross-agency team. The Liaison will contribute to strategies for how government and philanthropy can partner for lasting impact on multiple sectors and diverse communities across the state.
The Liaison will facilitate internal- and external-to-government engagement. Responsibilities:
- Identify key potential state agency and philanthropy partners for mutual learning and relationship building opportunities; facilitate these opportunities.
- Host educational workshops for state agency partners on topics such as grant writing, best practices for engaging with philanthropy, and strategies for identifying funding opportunities and cultivating successful partnerships.
- Provide information and insight about philanthropy to a wide range of agency partners.
- Collaborate on OSP projects, which span multiple state departments and agencies.
- Stemming from the above activities, make recommendations for how to continuously develop government-philanthropy engagement.
The Liaison will regularly share with key stakeholders in state government and philanthropy information about completed and ongoing activities, learnings, and new or emerging partnerships connected with the Liaison's work.
Specific deliverables will be determined in partnership with the Strategic Partnerships team, philanthropy partners, and state agency partners.
Structure and timing
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector in North Carolina (and beyond NC a plus but not required)
- Ability to convene, connect, and engage people, institutions, and ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with North Carolina state government preferred but not required
- Relationships within the NC philanthropic sector
- Relationships within state government
- Self-directed and independent professional
- Exceptional professional and interpersonal judgment
- Anticipated start date: as soon as filled
- Minimum 12-month position with possibility of extension
- Based in Raleigh, with opportunities to travel outside of the Triangle. Due to COVID-19, remote work as needed is expected.
- Salary range $50,000 - $60,000 with benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com