Members may post open positions in their organizations for free. We also accept listings for jobs with non-member philanthropic organizations or those central to the work in philanthropy in North Carolina. Listings for non-members are $100. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to post a job here, please contact us.
Regional Director – Northern Piedmont
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has administered more than $145 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With more than $270 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,300 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for Regional Director – Northern Piedmont.
The Regional Director for the Northern Piedmont serves the Foundation’s affiliates in Cary, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Vance, and Wake counties. The Regional Director serves as the primary liaison between the North Carolina Community Foundation and the affiliate advisory boards, helping lead and guide their work in the areas of asset development, community leadership, and impactful grantmaking. This position also provides staff support to three area Women’s Giving Groups and 220 of the Foundation’s component funds. A core component of this job entails cultivating and engaging donors in fulfilling their charitable interests and ensuring that fundholders receive superior customer service.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strategic thinking, planning and implementation ability
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- High-level donor engagement and development acumen
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and local leadership events and to act as an effective representative of NCCF in all environments
- A commitment to strengthening North Carolina communities in both urban and rural settings
- Superior presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in philanthropic or nonprofit sectors, donor engagement or community relations
- Excellent understanding of customer service and relevant skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Ability to travel throughout the region, excellent driving record required
- Ability to occasionallywork during non-standard hours for meetings and events
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a committed, engaged team.
Are you an ideal candidate? Please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com No phone calls, please.
Deadline for submittal is Friday, June 21, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and the needs of the organization.